Saturday, December 4, 2010

This evening was open dorms here at school. This is just a completely awkward wrong event. Why do guys need to see where the girls sleep and visa versa? I mean when you have people over to your house it isn't like you take them and show them your bedroom. In one of the rooms in the guys dorm one of the guys dressed up as santa and was having their picture with everyone. They even put posters up in the cafeteria saying 'hey ladies come sit on santa's lap and get your picture taken with him'. How truely wrong is that?! The open dorm also just goes against all the rules that have been so strictly enforced on us all semester. That sure doesn't leave mixed messages. I know I know you are probably thinking, "well if you are in college then surely the mixed messages aren't really all that mixed." Well yes we are in college but here at school it sure feels like we are treated like children. How are we supposed to be prepared to go out into the world and share the gospel with the lost when we have had no chance to interact with them? We are so sheltered here that when we are kicked out into the real world it is like a huge culture shock!

Why in this school are there unwritten rules about everything? Such as rules about staying off campus during the week, or looking professional in yearbook pictures. Neither of those are written on paper. Ok well the professional pictures one is now but they totally made up that rule toward the end of the semester! Just like while playing a game you can't just randomly make up a rule in the middle because you don't like what happened. IT IS JUST PLAIN WRONG!

There is also a bunch of double standards going on. How is it that the bottom floor of the dorm the RA's are a lil more chilaxed about curfew and yet when someone from upstairs walks in less then five minutes late they call the upstairs RA's. I also find it interresting how tonite was open dorm so the downstairs RA's were pretty cool about the whole curfew thing and had people coming in 15 minutes late, but I show up six minutes late and get handed a violation. I just don't understand!

Well, That's all for tonite. I really just needed to vent and think through some of the crazy nonsense stuff that is going on. There is a lot more I could add to this but considering it is three in the morning and my head is spinning and pounding I think it is time to go to sleep! If you read this please leave me a comment and let me know if I am to out of line posting all of this.

No comments: